As I was driving to work yesterday I was watching people drive by, drive around and cut me off and I was wondering how there weren’t more accidents on the roads? So I did some research and found some interesting car accident statistics:
1) The majority of car accidents occur within 3 miles of the driver’s home,
2) According to various research men actually cause twice as many accidents as women,
3) When you talk on a cell phone while driving you are increasing your chance of being in an accident by 400 percent,
4) The average text message takes 4.6 seconds to write and send. While driving that would take your eyes off the road long enough to drive the length of a football field blind if you are travelling at 55 miles per hour,
5) It is estimated that a motorist will curse 32,000 times in their life while operating a car or truck,
6) In the time it took you to read this list there have been four car accidents. Statistics show that car accidents that involve injury occur every 14 seconds and every 12 minutes a car accident will be fatal.
My personal favorite is Number 5, and I really think that number is low but?????
The reality of these statistics are disheartening especially the last one. We all use our vehicles for transportation. We all consider ourselves “safe drivers” and try to avoid accidents. If an accident occurs seek appropriate medical advice immediately. Don’t let one wrong move cost you a lifetime of pain. We have insurance coverage for this specific event don’t waste it. Seek medical advice.
-Dr. Dennis Spoonhour, Chiropractor
-According to the newer Florida Personal Injury Law you only have 14 days to seek medical attention after your car accident for your treatment to be covered by insurance. Two weeks can go by very fast, be sure to get a medical evaluation even if you are not experiencing immediate pain just to be safe.-